India has a lot of places to explore. People come every year to find something new and exciting. Here are some spots which are so beautiful and breathtaking due to their history and architecture. Pick the flights to India and learn something different from these popular places.
Victoria Memorial, Kolkata:
In West Bengal, Kolkata there is the Victoria Memorial. It was made in the memory of Queen Victoria with white marble.
- Nowadays it is converted into a museum. It is located in a breathtaking and marvelous site.
- There are a lot of galleries with a collection of manuscripts, works, antique books and sculptures, Indian & Western paintings, and masterpieces.
- There is a garden in which you can find the various statues of Lord Bentinck, Lord Ripon and many more.
- It also hosts light and sound shows on a daily basis except Monday. You need to buy tickets for that.
Jantar Mantar, Jaipur:
Jantar Mantar is an astronomical observatory in Jaipur.
- Jantar Mantar was made to measure the distances and positions of celestial objects. It consists of many instruments for this purpose.
- Various architectural and astrological instruments attract a lot of visitors.
- Jantar Mantar in the Pink City consists of multiple structures of stone masonry built in different geometric forms that have caught the attention of artists, architects, and historiographers.
- Light and Sound show explaining the history of Jaipur in Jantar Mantar is not to miss.
Konark Sun Temple, Odisha:
Konark sun temple is a true masterpiece of architecture.
- It is designed in the shape of a colossal chariot with seven horses and twelve wheels, carrying the Sun God, Surya, across heavens.
- 24 carved wheels in North and South, each about 3 m in diameter. They represent the cycle of the seasons and the months.
- There is an audience hall, Dance hall, vimana as a principal sanctuary and a high tower with a shikhara.
- The stone walls of the temple are carved with thousands of images of deities, people, birds, animals, and mythological creatures.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai:
Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in Mumbai is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a historic railway station.
- It was also known as the Victoria Terminus inspired by Italianate and Mughal style
- It is a great place with beautiful sites. It was a location for many serials and Bollywood movies such as C.I.D. and Slumdog Millionaire.
- There is no entry fee. So, you can enter and mesmerize the architecture of the building.
- You can click the pictures here. As it is a nice place for photography.
Discover these places and have a unique experience. Check for the cheap flight tickets and book a flight. Many tourists visit these places every year. Don’t just stay calm and move to have something different experience.