Flight journey is a great idea for a long route. But, it requires the early booking of tickets. Sometimes people have to change their plan due to some reasons. There are various policies for cancellation and booking that the first time flyers aren’t aware of. So, here we are with basic details of the cancellation policy of tickets so that you can save your money.
The thing that matters is the cancellation type. On case is when passenger cancels the ticket and another one is when an airline cancels the ticket of passengers. Both vary with the situation and each airline has its own rules.
Cancellation Policy of Cathay Pacific:
If there is any change in your plan and you need to cancel the ticket then you are allowed to do so. If you cancel the reservation within 24 hours after the booking then the ticket will be canceled without paying any charge.
- The refund of the Online Booking Change transaction takes seven working days for tickets involved US sector with the payment method of Paypal, or credit card.
- For the payment in cash or bank transfer, it will take around 20 days.
- A refundable ticket can be canceled 7 days before the departure date.
- In case your ticket is canceled and respective airline informs you about the cancellation 14 days before the actual scheduled departure time, then you can’t claim any compensation.
- Also, if the airline informs you 7 to 13 days before the actual scheduled time. At that time airline offers you an alternate flight. But in such a situation, you need to depart no more than 2 hours and arrive at your final destination less than 4 hours.
- If the airline informs you in less than 7 days before the departure; about the cancellation, then you will be offered another flight instead of the original one. Conditions attached to it are you need to depart no more than 1 hour and arrive at the final destination less than 2 hours.
How to Change or Cancel the Flight?
- If you have booked your ticket from the website of Cathay Pacific then you can change your booking via Manage Booking button on the official website of Cathay Pacific. Here you have to provide the required details of the ticket and passenger. Sometimes extra charges may apply after 24 hours of booking depending on the ticket. For more details, you should contact Global Contact Centres for assistance.
- You can also directly call at customer service number to cancel your ticket. There are executives available for 24/7 for the assistance of customers.
- If you have booked through the third party then make a call to travel agency. Maybe they have some different policy so ask them to cancel the flight and get a refund.
How to Get a Refund?
- If you have purchased the ticket directly through Cathay Pacific airline then you have to fill the refund form by providing the ticket details.
- If you have booked the ticket through the third party then you must ask them before filling the form.
- In the case when you have changed the date and time; then a partial refund is payable to you. The refund will be in the currency where you have purchased the ticket. It may take up to 20 calendar days to receive the refund after deduction of necessary charges.
- For credit card and PayPal transaction, it will take around 7 working days.
- For cash, bank transfer or other forms of payment it will take around 20 calendar days to refund.
Also, the refund time can be increased depending on the bank.
Rebooking Policy for Cathay Pacific:
The Rebooking is possible in Cathay Pacific in the following cases only:
- If you want to do changes in the flight or in other carriers.
- If Cathay Pacific changes flight date.
- In case of extension of ticket validity.
- If there are alterations in the class of a ticket.
- If there are changes in the transfer point or arrival airport.
Hope, these points will be helpful to know about the flight policies and ticket booking.