Sometimes you have to change your plans in your journey. For this sake, you need to change or cancel your ticket. It may lead to loss of money for those who are not aware of the rules and policies of ticket booking. So here we are with some information on ticket cancellation and changes so that you can save some money.
Cancellation Policy: If you want to cancel your flight then you have the right to cancel or change the flight and ask for a refund.
- If you are changing the flight within 24 hours of booking then your ticket can be changed or canceled without any charges.
- If you want to change the flight on the same day of departure of 24 hours then some charges may apply.
|Confirmed Flight||Standby Flight|
|If the ticket is changed and the new flight is confirmed then you have to pay the same-day confirmed fee from $75.||If you have to wait for the seat in another flight than your original ticket then there will be standby fee from $75. But the fee will be charged only if your request is passed. (Unavailable for international flights)
Change of non-refundable tickets: For non-refundable ticket, you have to pay some fee. The fee of $200-500 will be charged depending on the location of travel.
How to change or cancel the non-refundable ticket?
- On the website of Delta Airline go to “My Trips” after login.
- On “Modify Flight” choose the new flight.
- Here you will get the confirmation after paying some charges and fee.
How to change or cancel the refundable ticket?
- Log in the website and go to “My Trips”.
- Here you can select the flight on “Modify Flight”
- Click “Start Flight Cancellation”
The refund will be provided in the original form of payment.
Customer Commitment by Delta Airline:
To make the customers comfortable Delta Airline has outlined some responsibilities to fulfill. These are as below:
- In case of delay, cancellation, or diversions the airline is responsible to give the notifications with the reason if it is known to them. The notification will be provided within 30 minutes after becoming aware of cancellation or change in flight status. The notification is provided as:
- The announcement in the boarding gate area through GIDS (Gate Information Display Screen).
- FIDS (Flight Information Display Screen).
- Online on Delta website at Flight Status & Update.
- The airline is responsible for the delivery of baggage on time or within 24 hours. In case if your baggage is misplaced then you can tell at the airport. Then within 21 days, the airline will try out to locate your bag.
- The airline is responsible to provide the refund for an unused or canceled ticket. For credit card purchase the refund will be processed within 7 days and for cash and other payment methods, it will take around 20 business days.
- They provide more attention to special needy people or children traveling alone. You can request the airline for the support and safety of needy people. Some charges may apply for this service.
- During the tarmac delay, the airline tries its best to meet the customer’s requirement. The airline will provide the notification about the status of flight after a regular interval of time to the passengers. Essential needs will be provided such as food, drinking water, and medical assistance if necessary.
- If there is any change in your travel itinerary the airline will notify you at least before one hour of departure.
How to ask for a Refund?
You can apply for an online refund from the website of Delta Airline. Or you can call directly to the ticketing location, ask the travel agent.
- If you ask for a refund within 24 hours there will be no charges for it.
- After 24 hours there will be a penalty depending on the type of ticket you have booked.
- The basic economy ticket can only be refunded if you ask within 24 hours of booking after that there will be no changes in the ticket.