Ahmedabad is the 6th largest city of India which is serving as a commercial hub of Gujarat. It is famous for being a repository of art, culture and heritage city. To discover medieval art and architecture schedule your trip to Ahmedabad.
What to explore after reaching the Ahmedabad city?
Best attraction for tourists is Gujarati people, their love, music, and food. Overall combinations of all these will make you feel like home here. Check out some of the best places for unique travel experience:
Visit Mahatma Gandhi Ashram at Sabarmati in Gujarat:
This Ashram consists of a museum named as Gandhi Smarak Sangrahalaya.
Here you can explore:
- Painting Gallery dedicated to 8 main poses of Gandhi in marching, spinning, clothes and meditating with the life-size oil painting
- Gandhi’s life gallery named as “My Life is My Message” to know about history of Gandhi and freedom struggle.
A library dealing with Gandhi’s teaching, letters, and manuscripts.
Watch the Movie in an Open Theatre- Sunset Drive-In Cinema:
Get the marvelous feeling of watching your favorite movie under the blue sky full of stars.
- Located in heart of the city with an on-site cafeteria.
- This cinema holds the largest screens in India and can entertain more than 6000 people at a time.
- High-quality sound effects and hands-on delicious food will give you a unique and relaxing time to spend.
Calico Museum of Textiles is an Amazing Place:
Explore the unique textile museum which displays both ancient and modern textiles.
- Apart from textiles, you can see here artifacts, handicrafts, marble, and sandstone icons.
- Two sections to explore are:
Gallery of Religious Textiles: It holds the collection of Vallabha Sampradaya.
Gallery of Historical Textiles: Here you can explore Mughal carpets, weapons and helmets.
Discover an Ancient Sport, Kite Museum Ahmedabad:
The Kite Museum is located at Sanskar Kendra and has a unique collection of kites around 125.
- The place is best fit for kids as well as adults to remember their childhood days.
- Kite varieties include geometric, animal patterns, and hexagonal Japanese Kites (20 feet in length).
Some kites are made with different themes such as Radha-Krishna and Garbha theme.
Manek Chowk, Late Night Heaven for Food Lovers:
Manek Chowk lies near to Bhadra Chowk. If you are craving for food at midnight then come here. Some of the must-have dishes of this place are:
- Double Cheeze Pizza
- Ghugra Grill Sandwich
- Chocolate Sandwich
- Ice-cream Sandwich
- Fafda Jalebi
- Tawa Ice- cream
“Kankaria Lake” the Biggest Lake in Ahmedabad:
Kankaria Lake is an old artificial lake, during the old days the lake was the bathing spot for kings.
- Tourists can enjoy different activities like tethered balloon safari, mini train ride, and kid city center.
- Riverfront consists of a zoo named as “Kankaria Zoo” which is a must-visit place if you are at Kankaria Lake. This is because; it is one of the best zoological parks in India having reptiles, mammals, and birds.
A Wonder of Modern India “Swaminarayan Temple”:
Shree Swaminarayan Mandir Kalupur is a religious temple of Hindu sect.
- The temple displays the true work of architecture in jaw-dropping style with remarkable patterns.
- It is decorated with multi-colored and intricate carving, which makes it look marvelous.
- Architecture is made on Burma teak wood with different colors; which leads to attract tourists.