Many people have some doubts before air travel. There are various items that are restricted and some are prohibited. You must be aware of it. Here we are with the list of items that are prohibited and some are conditionally allowed. So, book a flight without any doubt and pack the bags carefully.
Alcohol or Liquor:
- To take alcohol with yourself you have to go through the airport security check-in. It is done for safety purpose. If you are doing the things under the guidelines of the airline then there is no issue. Some security rules may apply on the check-in or carry the baggage of yours.
- You can buy alcohol or liquor after the security checkpoint. It is allowed onboard as checked or carry-on baggage. But there are some guidelines for it that you must follow to take it with yourself.
- It should not exceed 140 proof; for each person, it must be in-between 48-140 proof. Alcohol below 48 proof is also permitted. Alcohol must be in its original packing.
Battery Powered Devices:
Prohibited items by Delta Airlines that use lithium or lithium-ion batteries are as follow:
- Balance gilders
- Powered skateboards
- Motorized riding suitcases
- Self-balancing boards
These items cannot be transported as carry-on and checked-in baggage as well. Such items contain a variety of batteries that may heat and risk to fire.
- 20 Lithium Batteries per person are allowed by Delta Airlines. But there are some rules to transport such batteries.
- Pack the batteries in its original pack to prevent short circuit and other risks.
- The object containing lithium battery such as camera, cell phone watch, and other devices are allowed as carry-on baggage.
- To prevent the hazards you can pack the batteries in plastic bags or protective case.
- Portable electronic smoking devices for e.g. e-cigarettes, e-cigars, e-pipes, e-hookahs, and personal vaporizers that are battery powered; are only allowed in carry-on baggage. Also, the batteries must be carried in a carry case to prevent the hazards.
- It also depends on which country you are going to. Some of the countries have restricted/prohibited electronic devices.
Flammable Objects or Liquids:
- If there is a fuel lighter then it permitted in the pocket or carry-on baggage only. If there is no fuel in a lighter, then it is also allowed in checked-in baggage. Blue flame lighters are prohibited to transport.
- If you are having a matchbox then it is allowed if you carry it in your pocket unless it is “strike anywhere” matches.
- Lubricant, paint, stain, and fuel such as gasoline are not allowed to transport.
Small arms ammunitions are allowed by Delta Airline if the quantities do not exceed 11 lbs. (5 kg) per person, as checked-baggage only. The weapon must be securely packed and should not be combined quantities into one package.
- Firecrackers and explosive items are totally prohibited.
- Gasoline-powered equipment can be taken only if it is originally packed.
- Household equipment such as bleach, cleaning solvent, aerosols are not allowed.
- Lithium-ion batteries with more than 160-watt-hours are prohibited from carriage on all passenger aircraft.
- Gunpowder such as Pyrodex, black powder, pepper spray, and tear gas is never permitted.
Hazardous Items that are allowed:
Scissors, hiking or trekking poles, swords, hair dryer, straightener, hair spray, fishing hooks, and fragile glass items are allowed in the aircraft if you pack them properly.