Nowadays everyone makes a family trip after a regular time interval to find a new way to enjoy. Usually, people go on an international trip to India to visit and learn something new. It is a great way to escape from the office and household chores for some time and get refreshment.
People choose air travel because it takes very less time in travel and you can give more time for discovering the famous Indian places. But, when we talk about air travel then there are too many rules and regulation which people are not aware of. Before you book a flight to India you must read the related policies regarding airlines.
Traveling with family means you are going to move with kids. For kids, there are special rules and allowances provided by the airlines. These rules and allowances are different for different airlines.
Here we are with the infant policies of top airlines with you may be flying. Also, we have discussed the child age limit for flight tickets to India which might be buzzing around your mind.
- For the children under 2 years does not require to have their own seat.
- For the children between 6-36 months can travel board in car seats as long as a separate seat is purchased for the child.
- You can ask for the bassinets on board.
Extra baggage allowance for children:
- Passengers traveling with infants are allowed to carry 1 handbag with dimensions 55 x 38 x 20 cm of max. 5kg for in-fight necessary items such as baby food, diapers, etc.
- You can bring 1 collapsible stroller if space is available otherwise it can be taken as checked-in baggage.
Passengers are allowed to bring one extra piece of baggage in addition to your usual baggage allowance in any class.
This bag can max 23kg with maximum dimensions of 150cm.
- If your kid is up to two years old then you are not required to buy the ticket for the kid.
- Passengers who want to travel with infants in the first 48 hours of birth are not allowed to travel in Singapore Airlines.
- Singapore Airlines provides the meal suitable for the children in all of its flights.
- You are allowed to carry a stroller with yourself for the kid but it must be less than 7 kg and should not exceed 115 total dimensions.
- There are convertible child inflight beds available in window seats or the middle seats between the aisles.
You can also request for a bassinet while booking an infant ticket.
- For Infant tickets, fares will be charged at 10% of the adult fare.
- There is no requirement to buy the seats for the children up to two years old.
- The infant must be at least 14 days old before air travel other you are not allowed to fly in Air India.
- Only one child is allowed per person on the lap.
- No seat will be allotted for an infant traveling on an infant ticket. If a seat is required then you have to pay the child fare for your infant.
Child tickets for international travel are 75% of the basic adult fare.
- An infant as young as 7 days is allowed to travel on an Air Canada flight.
- At no time an adult passenger can be responsible for more than one infant on the lap.
- International Fares for an infant if seated on a lap is 10% of adult fare.
In most of the airlines, families are given boarding priority o don’t miss that opportunity and fix your bags in the cabin before anyone. Also, some offer a special meal for children and entertainment options too.