Different airlines have different policies regarding baggage. So, next time you book a flight to India with Emirates; then go through this article and pack accordingly. It will save your energy and time of packing.
Baggage concepts for the different class are as follow:
Cabin-Baggage Allowance: Cabin Baggage Allowance depends on the class of the ticket you have borrowed.
Economy Class: As a passenger of economy class you can take a single piece of carry-on baggage of 22 x 15 x 8 inches (55 x 38 x 20 cm) with weight no more than 7 kg.
First/ Business Class: As a first class passenger you can take a briefcase and a piece of hand baggage with you. The dimension limit for baggage is: 18 x 14 x 8 inches (45 x 35 x 20 cm) for briefcase; and 22 x 15 x 8 inches (55 x 38 x 20 cm) for hand-baggage.
For passengers boarding in India can have single carry-on baggage that may not exceed 115 cm or 45.3 inches.
Checked Baggage Policy:
- Special: Special15 kg**
- Saver: Saver25 kg
- Flex: Flex30 kg
- Flex Plus: Flex Plus35 kg
- For all fare type: 40 kg
- For all fare type: 50 kg
Dimension: Total dimension (length + width + height) of an individual bag should not exceed 300 cm (118 inches) as check-in baggage.
As we know exceptions are always there. Customers traveling with infants have a different baggage allowance explained below:
Customers traveling with infants can bring a piece of checked-in baggage for infants with dimension 55 x 38 x 20 cm (22 x 15 x8 inches) and weight of 23kg. If you are traveling without a child seat then you can also bring a collapsible stroller or a carrycot.
Transporting Item rules & regulations:
- Powders must be transported in containers but that equal to or over 350ml can be taken as checked in.
- Powders fewer than 350ml may be subject to additional screening.
- Baby formula, prescribed medicines, and human remains are allowed.
- If you have purchased powder-like substances in airport duty-free shops must be placed in sealed bags along with proof of purchase or receipt.
To transport liquid you have to take care that you follow the manner discussed below:
- Liquid more than 100 ml is not allowed in the flight. Even, if the partially filled container which is larger than 100ml is not permitted.
- Only one item per person is allowed.
- The container must be packed in a transparent re-sealable plastic bag with a maximum capacity of one liter.
- At security screening point you must put the item for visual examination.
- You have to present the plastic bag for visual examination at the security screening point. Only one bag per customer will be permitted to transport.
- Exceptions are there for medication, baby food, and dietaries.
Sport and Musical Equipment:
Sport and Musical equipment are allowed if they follow the cabin baggage policy. Even you can also buy an extra seat for your equipment in the cabin. Some conditions may apply to these items which you must ask the airline before booking.
Restricted Items on the flight:
Pack the items carefully to transport them as checked baggage. Some of the restricted items are mentioned below:
- Razor Blades
- Sharp objects
- Explosive items and fireworks