Life is what without an adventure? So this time thunder your soul in India and experience a different level of adventure on trekking. The joy you will get after trekking on the beautiful and happening treks of India is unmatchable. Some of these places are the best natural sightseeing place. You will get lost in the amazing creation of nature after seeing these places. The best thing about travelling India for trekking is that you don’t have to spend blind money on anything. From flights to India to any other expense, everything is very cheap and affordable in India. So let us focus more on searching the perfect treks in India.
Ladakh – Markha Valley trek
This trek is a very popular trek in the Ladakh region. While trekking this you will be walking in a variety of terrains. The journey includes dry mountains, streams, and small villages with fields of wheat, barley, and mustard. Including several old Buddhist monasteries, this region is a repository of ancient Tibetan culture. A trek through this region will make a memory for a lifetime. Markha Valley is considered as the largest valley of Leh region. Leh is the starting point of this trek.
|Maximum Altitude||5150 m|
|Duration||7 to 9 days|
|Best Time to Visit||Mid-June to Mid-October|
Who should go?
- If you are a first-timer you can go, but you should have some interest in trekking and mountaineering.
- But being a climber you must be fit. Besides that, you should have sufficient stamina to cover 5 km of distance in 30 minutes without stress.
- You should also be able to carry a 10-15 kg backpack.
- If you have a heart problem, high blood pressure, asthma, and epilepsy then don’t go on this trek.
How to Reach?
- You can reach to this trek by air.
- You can reach to this trek by road.
Best time to visit Markha Valley trek
The best time to visit Markha Valley Trek is from the middle of May to September
Gangotri Gomukh trek
It is a beautiful journey of the Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand. This mesmerizing trek will take you to the Gangotri glacier at Gomukh, which is the source of the Ganges. This trek will give you a true natural delight. Besides that this region features a diversity of plants and animals. It includes rare blue mountain goats. This adorable glacier is surrounded by beautiful mountains all around. It makes it a truly admirable sight to behold.
|Location||Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand|
|Maximum Altitude||4463 m|
|Best Time to Visit||May-June & August-Mid Oct|
Who should go?
- Trekkers who are perfectly physically fit can climb on this trek.
- Besides that, if you are able to handle your backpack you should go on this trek.
- If you are suffering from any disease they avoid trekking.
How to Reach Gangotri Gomukh trek?
You can reach to this trek by road.
Best time to visit Gangotri Gomukh trek
The best time to visit Gangotri Gaumukh trek is between May to June and mid-Aug to Oct.
Kuari Tapovan trek
Kuari Tapovan trek – A journey of beautiful Garhwal region of India. This trek will let you walk in the shadows of several peaks. Here you will get to see Himalayan fauna such as the snow leopard and the musk deer. The best thing about the Kuari Tapovan trek is that it is quite easy. So if you are a beginner you can start with this trek.
|Maximum Altitude||4264 m|
|Best Time to Visit||April-June and September-November|
Who should go?
- Trekkers at the beginner level can try this trek.
- If you have good health and physical fitness you can go here.
- People with any serious disease or weak physical strength must not go.
How to Reach Kuari Tapovan trek?
- By Air – By Jolly Grant Airport which is 260 km from Joshimath
- By Road – Joshimath is well-connected by state transportation and private bus services
- By Rail – Haridwar Railway Station which is 270 km from Joshimath
Best time to visit Kuari Tapovan trek
Any season except monsoon is suitable to go on Tapovan trek.
Chadar – The Frozen Zanskar River Trek
Chadar trek is an excellent trek along the frozen Zanskar River. This trek will get you through beautiful winter terrain and a firsthand glimpse of the ancient culture of the Ladakh region. If you are an experienced trekker then it will be an exciting journey for you. The Icy routes, bone-chilling winds, wonderful nature, and the experience of a lifetime of this trek will amaze your soul. This trek has everything that you may have dreamed about.
It is always better to be safe than sorry. This trek is not that easy so you are recommended to be aware of the ice conditions. Several factors are included to ensure a safe journey. Generally, these factors involve the conditions of the ice and the footing choices of the trekker. These precautions are:
- First of all the trekker should be aware of the ice sheet conditions.
- Avoid cracks in the ice.
- Find a place with a coating of snow; it is the best place to walk normally.
- You will find slippery ice on several sections walk here with utmost care.
- Cracks may suddenly appear under one’s feet and it is required to run to more solid footing immediately.
|Maximum Altitude||3390 m|
|Best Time to Visit||January to February|
How to Reach Chadar trek?
Chadar trek is easily available by road.
Best time to visit Chadar trek
January and February are the best for trekking on the Chadar trek.
At the altitude of 5029 m, there is the beautiful Roopkund Lake. This lake is famous for the human skeletal remains found at its bottom. You will be surprised to know that more than five hundred skeletons of humans are found at the edge of this lake. The journey of this remote Roopkund Lake will take you through wonderful forests with rivers. The greenery, several birds of different species, surroundings of the beautiful Himalayan peaks and peaceful Hindu temples make the trek to Roopkund a memorable and lifetime experience.
|Maximum Altitude||5029 m|
|Best Time to Visit||Mid-May to mid-June and September to October|
How to Reach Roopkund trek?
- This trek starts from Lohajang Pass which is well connected by motor roads.
- You can also reach the trek by bus.
- You can also reach the trek by train.
Best time to visit Roopkund Trek
The best time for trekking on Roopkund trek is during the summer months; April, May, and June.
Which is the most beautiful trek in India?
Here is the list of most beautiful treks in India:
- Stok Kangri Summit
- Roopkund, Uttarakhand
- Great Lakes, Jammu and Kashmir
- Hemkund and Valley of Flowers, Garhwal
- Zanskar Frozen River, Ladakh
- Dzongri & Goecha-La, Sikkim
- Pin Parvati Pass, Himachal Pradesh
Which is the most difficult trek in India?
Check top most difficult treks in India
- Chadar trek
- Stok Kangri trek
- Pin Parvati trek
- Roopkund trek
- Goechala and Dzongri trek
- Rupin Pass trek
Which are the best trekking places in south India?
- Nilgiri, Tamil Nadu
- Coorg, Karnataka
- Peermede, Kerala
- Ananthagiri Hills, Andhra Pradesh
- Kodachadri, Karnataka
- Munnar, Kerala