Kochi also termed as Cochin is a popular city in Kerala. If you are preparing for travel then this wonderful place is the best idea for this summer vacation. International visitors can directly come to Cochin International Airport. Confirm your flight tickets to Cochin and stay tension free from last-minute struggle.
What is the best time to visit Kochi?
October to March is the best time for travelers to visit Kochi. It is the time when the weather is cool and pleasant.
What makes Kochi a popular tourist spot?
South India has innumerable attractions for tourists. Coming towards Kochi there are various interesting points for the knowledge seekers. Culture, Art, Tradition, and Nature’s Beauty all intermingled with each other makes it an ideal place for a holiday.
Kochi Art & Culture: Get away from all the hustle and bustle of life in art and culture destination Kochi.
Some Cultural highlights of Kochi:
- Kochi-Muziris Biennale: It is the biggest contemporary international exhibition of Asia held in Kochi. This famous art festival is celebrated twice each year. The exhibited artwork includes film, installation, painting, sculpture, new media and performance art.
- Cochin Carnival: Cochin Carnival is celebrated in the last two weeks of December every year at Fort Kochi. It is a major factor of tourism in Kochi. The festival is a perfect blend of sport, food, and culture which is celebrated with the aim of participation, peace, progress, and adventure.
Some Highlights of art galleries in Kochi:
- Kashi Art Gallery: This art gallery established in 1997 was built by art passionate people. These art galleries support the artist and give them a platform for their passion.
Location: Kashi Art Gallery is located in the Burgher Street Fort Cochin.
- Gallery OED: Gallery OED has been working to promote contemporary art and artists from in and around Kerala. It is a great place for witnessing contemporary artwork.
Location: Historic Old Bazaar road of Mattancherry.
- Buddha Art Gallery: This art gallery promotes contemporary art with various programs to strengthen the idea of art in the country. Beautiful lighting display, innovative approach, and active participation is done to strengthen this sector.
Location: Kalavathi road, Fort Kochi.
Best Attractions of Kochi to visit with family:
- Veegaland: This park is best for family fun and water rides.
Opening hours: 11 am to 6 pm on weekdays
- Mangalavanam Bird Sanctuary: See the natural habitats and birds in this biosphere reserve.
Opening hours: 9 am to 6 pm
- Cherai Beach: For fun activities like fishing is best for this place.
Opening hours: 24*7
Things to Do in Kochi:
- Enter the Elephant training center in Ernakulam: You can come here to watch the elephants being washed and trained.
- Visit Jewish Synagogue: Make a day trip to Jewish Synagogue in Kochi. The place is beautifully designed with hand-painted art and willow-patterned tiles.
- Get closer to the Kathakali: The famous dance form Kathakali defines a lot more than a dance. The colorful costume and fascinating steps derived from folk stories are appealing.
- Go shopping at the Lulu Mall: Lulu mall is the biggest mall in India for shopping. It’s a good place to spend a day shopping. Here you can purchase anything you need from national to an international fashion trend.
- The city is not expensive so don’t keep too much cash with you.
- Don’t miss to taste the veg thali with the taste of authentic local food.
- Make fish your first choice in the menu these are special here.
- Malayalam is a local language but most people can talk in English.
- Book a business class flight for a long haul journey.
What are some famous tourist places in Kochi?
- Fort Kochi
- Veeranpuzha Lake
- Willingdon Island
- Bolgatty Palace
What are the popular dishes in Kochi?
- Puttu Kadala
- Thattu Dosa
- Kappa Boti
- Parotta and Beef Fry