An in-flight meal of Lufthansa is included in the price of your ticket. It regularly changes the menu to give the passenger every time a new taste of snacks and other beverages. Also, the airline works with different brands so all sort of meal is offered by the airline. The food varies by route, flight, and time of the journey.
The airline let you know the menu before the flight. There is a different menu for short and medium-haul flight and long haul flight for different classes.
Here are some extra meal-benefits of flying with Lufthansa:
- Complimentary meals and snacks on board
- Selection of free hot and cold beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)
- Special meals for diabetics, vegetarians, and people with food allergies
- Country-specific cuisine are provided on international routes
In long haul flights, the airline offers la carte dinner. You can order your food before the journey according to your personal requirement. The different categories falling under it is as follow:
- Japanese Bento Box
- Bavarian Snack
- Classic Cuisine
- Catch of the Day fresh green salad with balsamic dressing and pan-fried cod
- Mediterranean Delights
- Asian aromas
In Economy Class of Lufthansa, the meal you will get depends on the route where you are flying. On most of the flights, passengers are offered with a snack every two hours. On long-haul trips, they may include hot meals. To get an impression of the Economy Class offers la carte dining. Nowadays it includes:
- Cocktail with different choices of alcoholic and soft drink served with snacks.
- 3-course menu: Here you will get two hot main courses with changing salad and dessert during the meal.
- After the meal, you will be served tea or coffee.
- Second meal and, if appropriate, snacks. Depending on the length of your flight they can offer a second meal also. On some routes, a snack between meals can be provided.
Business Class/ First Class International Routes: The international routes include the meal including the typical local cuisines of that specific country. The food menu on the Lufthansa flight is served on fine china, accompanied by an award-winning selection of wines.
Typical Local cuisine in to and for India flights:
You will be offered with Indian cuisine and western meal in the flight. Under the routes of American regions, there are different taste experiences for their passengers.
- In West Coast (Seattle, San Francisco, and Los Angeles) the classic dish, “Cioppino” (seafood) is served.
- In the Midwest (Denver, Dallas, and Houston), a smoke-grilled fillet of beef with hot chili sauce is served.
- The Northeast (Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Detroit, and Chicago) is served with an Italian influence in dishes such as fresh pasta.
- On flights from the Southeast (Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Charlotte, and Washington) a traditional seafood “Cartoccio” is served.
Special Meal by Lufthansa: People who want special food then let me tell you Lufthansa offers this facility to the special needy persons.
- It has special dietary food with reduced carbohydrate content, less fat, no breaded products, no alcohol for diabetes patients.
- For gluten/lactose intolerant passengers special food is provided which do not contain gluten/lactose.
- Vegetarian Food: People who are pure vegetarian then they also have the facility to order a purely vegetarian dish.
- Children Menu: for the flying children there is a special menu to keep them happy and healthy.