The ticket cancellation is of two types it may either be canceled by the airline or by the traveler. For both cases, the situation and policies are different. Also, it depends on the fare options you have purchased.
Check out the following table to know the cancellation charges for different fare classes or ticket:
|Ticket Class||Cancellation Per Person|
|Blue and Blue Plus: fares up to $99||$75 + difference in airfare|
|Blue and Blue Plus: fares between $100—$149||$100 + difference in airfare|
|Blue and Blue Plus: fares $150—199||$150 + difference in airfare|
|Blue and Blue Plus: fares $200 and above||$200 + difference in airfare|
|Blue Flex: all fares||$0 + difference in airfare|
|Mint: all fares||$200 + difference in airfare|
- JetBlue offers the passengers to cancel the ticket within 1 day after the booking. But, if the ticket is canceled outside 1 business day then some penalty fee will be charged.
- For online booking, click on the “Manage Flights” tab to change or cancel the flight.
- For changes in flight, an applicable fare difference will be charged in addition to the change fee.
- For the changes in the booking after 24 hours will not be eligible for a credit card refund and are subject to a cancellation fee.
- Cancellations are possible for a JetBlue flight credit only. It is valid for a JetBlue flight within one (1) year from the date of cancellation. If you do not change or cancel the flight before scheduled departure then all money for the reservation is forfeited.
Refundable Fare: In this case, a full refund is applicable if the booking is canceled prior to the scheduled departure. But, if the flight is not canceled prior to scheduled departure then it will not be eligible for a refund.
Non-Refundable Fare: If the booking is canceled or changed prior to departure then you have to pay some fee applicable per person plus the difference in fare. If the changes are not made prior to departure then all the money will be kept as a penalty. It is called “No Shows”.
How to Cancel?
- If you make a direct call then you must have your confirmation number or the name of the customer and the credit card number that was used to make the reservation.
- If the changes are made online then you must have details of your confirmation number, last name, credit card number, origin and destination cities.
- If you have booked the air ticket through a travel agency then you can change it online. On the website of JetBlue Airline click the tab “My Tips” to change the booking.
Cancellation and Delay Notification:
If the status of your flight is changed, the airline provides the real-time status on your emails. Even the status of the flight can be checked on “Flight Tracker & Status” tab on the website of JetBlue.
Rebooking a Flight: A flight can be rebooked if it is canceled; by directly calling on the number provided on the website of JetBlue. Or you can simply book the flight through the nearby airport.
Compensation for Cancellation & Delay:
For the delay or cancellation in flight from the side of the airline, you are eligible for compensation. If you have booked the ticket directly through JetBlue airline: An email will be sent to you within 7 days of flight departure if you are eligible for compensation.
- If the cancellation announcement is done within 4 hours then the compensation amount is $50.
- If the cancellation announcement is after scheduled departure then the compensation amount is $100.
Delay Time Compensation:
|3 – 3:59 hours||$75 credit|
|4 – 4:59 hours||$100 credit|
|5 – 5:59 hours||$150 credit|
|6 or more hours||$250 credit|