Customer Service Commitment of Southwest Airline:
- The flight tickets can be reserved or purchased directly from the website of Southwest Airlines, its mobile app, or at a Southwest ticket counter.
- The airline is responsible to provide their customers with the notification of known delays, cancelations, and diversions for the flights within seven days of departure.
- For the delay of 30 minutes or more in a flight, if it is canceled or diverted then the airline will notify you within 30 minutes by email, voice, or text, FIDS (Flight Information Display Screens), depending on the selection made at the time of reservation.
- Southwest Airline will make efforts to deliver the baggage of the passenger on time. They will make reasonable efforts to return your luggage to you within 24 hours in case of delay. If the luggage is delayed or lost for any reason outside of your control, you can file a report at the airport and submit a claim of reasonable expenses for consideration.
- Customers of Southwest airlines are allowed to cancel their ticket within 24 hours of booking without paying any charges. They can ask for a refund without paying any penalty within these 24 hours.
- In the case when a refund is due, refunds are provided according to the ticket and rules associated with it. The ticket purchased with the credit card will be refunded within 7 working days and in case of cash payment, it will take 20 business days to refund after receiving the refund request.
- Fare may vary depending on the date and time of flying.
- Fares are subject to change until the ticket is purchased.
- The fares can be refundable, non-refundable depending on your choice.
- While combining the fare all rules and regulations may apply on it.
During Tarmac Delay:
- Customers with special needs or disability are properly accommodated in case of lengthy delay in flights.
- For the delays of two hours, the airline will provide water and snacks to the passengers.
- Southwest Airline will provide medical assistance if necessary during the delay.
- The passengers of delayed flight will receive the notification for the status of flight after every 30 minutes after scheduled departure time.
- Unused and fully refundable tickets are applicable for a refund which can be used for future travel or can be used within one year from the date of issue.
- If you do not want to travel then cancel the tickets 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Otherwise, it will be considered as “no show” and the entire refund amount will be fortified.
- The refundable tickets can be requested by directly calling them or writing to them.
- If the outbound flight has departed then you are eligible to send a refund request.
- The non-refundable tickets can be canceled if you call or cancel online at Southwest.com within 24 hours of booking, you can get the original form of payment, or you can retain the credit that can be used toward future travel.
- All the refund will be provided in the original form of payment.