Pune is the second largest city and cultural capital of Maharashtra. The city is retaining its historic past and modernity thus it is co-existence of old and new. It is a worthwhile place to explore culture and communities. There are endless offers and deals available on Trippact where you can get cheap and best flights to India.
When it comes to visiting Pune; there comes a lot of places in mind. The exciting places you must hit are listed following:
Parvati Hill, temple complex:
A huge rock of 2100 feet above the sea level on which Parvati temple is located. It is a popular destination in Pune. From this hill rock, you can see the scenic views of the nearby town.
- Parvati hill is a temple complex having the number of temples on the top.
- The main attraction, Devdeveshwara made of black stone is a regular spot for Pune visitors.
- Peshwa Museum acquiring Samadhi of Nanasaheb Peshwa also attracts many visitors.
Shaniwar Wada Palace of Mysteries:
It is a heritage place for a historical journey in Pune. It is considered one of the most haunted places in India because its history is filled with murders, fires, and wars.
- The arch trek doors with ornamental teardrop teak pillars and the painting on the wall displaying the Hindu epic attract the tourists.
- The Light and Sound show is not to miss if you are at Shaniwar Wada Palace.
Pashan Lake for Beauty Lovers:
Near the suburb of Pashan in Pune, an artificial lake named Pashan is a great attraction. It is a man-made lake built to meet the needs of the neighborhood.
- Activities like boating and fishing can be enjoyed here.
- Pashan Lake is a host of many beautiful migrating birds; thus a popular spot for bird watching.
- It is also a picnic spot with beautiful landscapes, scenic views and the most picturesque places.
Shinde Chhatri for History Seekers:
This glorious Peshwa legacy is the key heritage place in Pune.
- Quite unique anglo architecture can be seen in the front section with some Rajasthani influence.
- It comprises of Shiva Temple and Samadhi of leader Mahadji Shinde.
- Here you can see the portrait, and paintings, of prominent kings of Scindia dynasty.
Wonder Carved, Pataleshwar Cave Temple:
This heritage site is situated in the heart of the city which is carved from a single rock.
- The temple is dedicated to Lord Pataleshwar (Shiva); which is made from a monolithic basalt rock.
- Mandapa (pillared outdoor), Circular Nandi, and passages of the cave are magnificent.
- Idols of Hindu gods can be visited inside the temple complex.
Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum:
It is a three storey building holding 20,000 objects belonging to different parts of the world.
- Museum offers the display of artifacts such as jewelry, chariots, bronze deities, and sculptures.
- See the writing tools, coins, swords, metal armor, and kitchen utensils of Pune region.
- Don’t forget to see the replica of Mastani Mahal with luxurious facilities of seating.
Are you curious to visit these places? Check out some cheap and best flights to India and plan your trip to Pune.